🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

game idea

Started by
4 comments, last by jdc 4 years, 4 months ago

I have a game idea I have had in my head for several years. Its a basketball simulator but uses dice to determine the chances of you winning each game. You can pick a established team (Duke, Kansas) etc or career mode where you start at the bottom and work your way up. I know there are several games like this but none that use dice. If you are starting from the bottom you design your schedule and if you play a team like Kansas you will use roll a die and have to get a certain number and the odds are pretty low you are going to win just like in real life. However, if you win, the momentum created from this win will affect your next several games and increase the odds of you winning. If you play a team that is on par with your team you have about a 50% chance of winning. If you play a team that is not nearly as good as you, then the dice combination you will will make it likely you will have about a 75% chance of winning. However, if you lose a game like this that you are favored to win, it will affect you for the next couple of games because your team will lose momentum. So having said this, no two seasons are the same. There is much more to this game as described here such as a momentum bar at the top that shows your team and how they are doing at any moment and the booster bar which shows if the booster club is happy with you are not depending on your wins and losses, etc. After each game there will also be newspaper front page headlines in the sports section if you won or not to make it as realistic as possible. Again there is much more to this game and I think this type of simulation would be fun to play and engaging. I have used regular dice and have tried this game over and over and its a lot of fun. I just would like to get it developed for the computer or iphone, etc. Any ideas? Thank you.

Advertisement

klkress said:
I have used regular dice and have tried this game over and over and its a lot of fun. I just would like to get it developed for the computer or iphone, etc. Any ideas?

What kind of ideas are you seeking? (What's the purpose you're trying to accomplish with this post?)

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@undefined I don’t know how to creat a computer game and need help getting my idea onto a computer

You'll have to program it yourself. Moving this to the For Beginners forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

In engines topic doing a engine in C width auto code, the knowledge to program a game will be very small. You can always help if you plan to develop games, width no knowledge in programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement