🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can I be in VR but show the game world to people out of VR from another camera in the scene?

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 4 years ago

I'm using Unity to develop a VR game having trouble figuring out something. I'm trying to see the world from first person perspective when looking through my headset, but people not using a headset get another perspective shown from another camera in the scene. Is that possible?

I'm essentially trying to create a spectator view I can show on a TV for others to watch.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

Unity allows using multiple cameras, so you should be able to attach one to the VR and one to the main screen.

methinks said:

Unity allows using multiple cameras, so you should be able to attach one to the VR and one to the main screen.

I can use multiple cameras at the same time? Not just toggling. Since I wanted to play in VR while others outside watch in realtime.

Update:
Actually I found what you spoke about. Even found an article showing how to do this:
https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/12/12/spectating-vr/
Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement