🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for Group - Oculus Quest VR Development

Started by
0 comments, last by koifish 4 years ago

Hello all,

I'm a developer wanting to get involved with a VR project. I work in Unity and prefer to target the Oculus Quest, as it's a capable and useful system that also works without strong PC hardware. There are a lot of interesting projects coming to that system, and I want to make something cool! I'm willing to contribute code, but I prefer being a 3D modeler. As such, I can provide assets, and I'd like to use this project to expand my skills and portfolio. I also do game design work and would work to ensure that the game was good and fun.

As an example of my most recent work, please see this game, Number Nightmare. https://dranikoda.itch.io/number-nighmare

I worked on this game as part of the VR Jam 2020. This was me getting my VR feet wet, and now I'm anxious to get a (slightly) larger project started.

My interests right now are in some manner of exploration project. I think a single-player game would be my preferred focus. I would like to make a game in which the player slowly unlocks more areas to discover, but I recognize that this is a tall order, so we may want to work this idea out before committing to a large project.

I'm looking first and foremost for someone who is comfortable programming in key gameplay frameworks, such as player movement, object interactions, etc. which I can then help to supplement with additions or assist with cleanup and optimization. In addition, I would like to have another team member that can perform a similar role. If you have a specialization in sound or music creation, then that would also be ideal. Finally, I hope that we would click in our general game interests and in our motivations. I am interested in pursuing this work primarily as a project piece for my portfolio, as well as an expression of my creativity. I also want to create a cool project that people can enjoy through multiple playthroughs.

If you got through all of this without falling asleep and feel inspired, then I'd like for you to message me directly. Let me know what you are interested in, and we can discuss further. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement