🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What Game Development Companies

Started by
11 comments, last by Neometron 4 years ago

Rutin said:

Westwood Studios due to their outstanding work in RTS games and how it shaped the way forward.

FromSoftware for the emotional roller coaster that we all feel when playing their Souls series games.

I wouldn't want to forget my experiences playing games from both of those developers.

Fun and intriguing to see how each person `filters` what`s important.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

Maxis (Before EA pushed out Will Wright) and Mojang (Before Microsoft … may be a little too harsh)

The reason Maxis before EA is dear to me in my heart is in particular Sim City Franchise. My user name I use everywhere on the internet is Neometron. The origin story for this username is back in 1993ish during Sim City 2000 on my Packard Bell with a Intel 486. When I create a new city I named it Neometron for new metropolitan city. I still name my cities, in City Skylines, Neometron today. I use the Neometron while signing up a new username for accounts is because it seems like it is always available.

The reason Mojang is obviously because of Minecraft. Minecraft altered my lifestyle drastically back in 2011. Naturally, my username is Neometron. Before 2011, I knew of Minecraft and my opinion of it was ‘meh’. Seeing people create the Starship Enterprise on one server was interesting for seeing it to scale, but it was not enough for me to buy into Minecraft. It was my nephew who was playing it showed me redstone and how it worked. I was impressed that you can make logic gates with redstone. So I spent the 15 bucks to go get an account in order to play with my nephew. $80 dollars later I bought accounts for my 2 kids and my friends. I ended up running my own server and even dove into the modding with Forge. I still play Minecraft to this day and I think it has truly became my alternate lifestyle.

A runner up is:
Creative Assembly just blows my mind with massive armies fighting each other in Total War. Shogun 2 was my introduction into the franchise. I need more time to play Three Kingdoms.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement