🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A good IDE?

Started by
16 comments, last by Josheir 3 years, 6 months ago

Josheir said:

Is there any simple information on this, I've been researching for a while.

I'll get you some examples when I'm back at the keyboard in 12hrs, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

Advertisement

SuperVGA said:
I'll get you some examples when I'm back at the keyboard in 12hrs, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

ok i'll let u -LoL-

?

I have installed everything except the xdebug helper for easy debugging, profiling and tracing. What do I need for the trace trigger value and the profile trigger value? Should these be left as the default, blank?

Josheir said:

I have installed everything except the xdebug helper for easy debugging, profiling and tracing. What do I need for the trace trigger value and the profile trigger value? Should these be left as the default, blank?

I'm not sure. I can't recall setting those. It just sort of worked for me without doing a lot of configuring.
I think going for felixfbecker.php-pack may be a better option, since it includes both his debugging and intellisense stuff.
You do need to configure xdebug for remote debugging though.

I have chosen to omit all stuff specific to how I'm using it. I think it will only serve to confuse, and when learning a new environment it's best to not think that all the stuff given in an example is necessary, and it all deals with the same aspect of the solution.

There's a good guide here, that I originally followed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/php,​​ and here
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=felixfbecker.php-debug,

And besides PHP you'd probably want a Chrome: Attach or Chrome: Launch launch.json configuration.

I had the listen for debug working on a test.php file. However, it had to be on the initial php page. How do I get it to debug on a page that is not the initial page?

Also, when adding this to ‘listen with debug’ for remote debugging:

"stopOnEntry": true,
"pathMappings": {
"/var/www/vhosts/": "${workspaceRoot}/",
}

what is : "/var/www/vhosts/" a path to?

Thanx!

deleted

Just got it working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement