🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Volunteers wanted to create a team

Started by
0 comments, last by johnburatto 3 years, 1 month ago

Who am I?

My name is John and I've been dealing with game dev for about 2 years in a project called Space Station 3D, I'm currently the lead programmer but I started with 3D modelling and still do.

The project is a recreation of the game Space Station 13 that you can find on the game platform BYOND, its a very niche game and very entertaining once you get into it.

The team idea

Recently I wanted to find new people that weren't already in my circle (if you are in my circle and is interested, please don't refrain from joining) to start new brainstorming sessions and create game designs and interesting ideas for new stuff.

Yes, I want to get a game pumped out of these convos.

Who should join this?

Simply anyone, never had any game development experience? No issue. Never finished a game? No issue. Just interested in game development conversations? No issue.

However it would be more congruent with my ideas if you are interested in the Space Station 13 universe, games that I'd say would also fit the profile would be Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm, CSGO (I can explain), even Starbound, any Valve title tbh. What really matters is not if you like the entire game or love it, it is if you have an aspect in it that you saw that was very interesting or innovative.

Technical aspects

We will use the Unity Engine and GitHub, that's the only restriction, I do prefer Blender for 3D but that's not really important apart from personal preference.

My experience

• Intermediate/Advanced with Blender.
  • Intermediate/Advanced with Unity.
  • Basic MySQL knowledge.
  • Basic HTML/CSS knowledge.
  • Basic animation knowledge.
  • Intermediate/Advanced music composition knowledge.
  • Intermediate UI creation and design knowledge.

Contact

Discord Server or with me johnburatto#1974.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement