🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Warpath" Game Designed by Me

Started by
5 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 1 month ago

Graph for a game I was designing. It does not tell everything about the game, just the basics. I'd prefer the game to be much more complicated, as I like complicated and abstract-minded games. Perhaps I need to go back to the drawing board and redesign the game from the ground up.

In addition, equipment would wear-out, and new equipment would spawn in dungeons, where players would fight NPCs to obtain the new equipment. The dungeons would be difficult so that it would take at least 16 players to beat them, meaning that at least two gangs would have to work together. The equipment would be of two types: the first is ordinary equipment with low stats, and is in abundance, whilst the second type of equipment is nearly impossible to get and has high stats.

Players can also kill other players and take their equipment.

The whole point of the game, after all, is "going on the warpath", or, in other words, battling other players.

A player is capable of forming a gang, and other players can join this gang by making a pact, and gangs would have a flag that they can plant in an area of the game map, and this would make it their territory, unless another gang comes and destroys the flag and plants their own. The benefits of having a flag planted in a territory is, that as long as you're in your territory's radius, all of your stats will be increased by 1 point. A flag cannot be placed within the vicinity of another gang's flag. A gang's maximum limit is 8 players, preventing gangs from becoming too large and too powerful. When players make a pact to join a gang, the pact lasts for several hours, and as long as the pact lasts, the players who are bounded together cannot harm each other, and they can re-pledge the pact at any given time. You can only pledge a pact to one gang at a time.

ATMOSPHERE is very important to me. I like games with a dark atmosphere, like the Japanese game Ib, or I like the dark atmosphere of a show, such as the anime "Another."

What is also important to me, is I'd like each class to have their own theme song, and when you're fighting an enemy, it plays their theme song, and likewise when somebody is fighting you, they're hearing your theme song.

I am more of a designer than I am a programmer. There's lots of programmers out there, but there isn't many well-designed games.

Advertisement

@zogzor , what is the point of posting this? You didn't ask a question or request any sort of response. What kind of response are you hoping for?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I regret that the game design isn't perfect -- after all, since "size" and "health points" are together redundant, but at the same time not so, because "size" makes the player larger so that he can't fit into smaller places. I will have to think of something to improve upon this system, and take out the redundancy. This new graph is an example of what could be seen from the first-person perspective. Please do not mention my poor skills at making graphs, as I am already aware.

Since my game isn't receiving much attention, I figure I'll never post here again – I'm not bitter, I just don't see any point if folks aren't interested.

I almost got a lump sum of 20,000$ USD, but then didn't. So I guess I'll have to resort to hiring cheap Chinese programmers who know how to work with Unreal Engine. No way am I going to pay the rates that U.S. programmers would ask for! I am scum and proud. What makes me so much scum? Well, I was an MMO-RPG player, period.

Zogzor said:

Since my game isn't receiving much attention, I figure I'll never post here again – I'm not bitter, I just don't see any point if folks aren't interested.

You never asked a question. You never said what kind of response you were looking for.

Zogzor said:

I almost got a lump sum of 20,000$ USD, but then didn't. So I guess I'll have to resort to hiring cheap Chinese programmers who know how to work with Unreal Engine. No way am I going to pay the rates that U.S. programmers would ask for! I am scum and proud. What makes me so much scum? Well, I was an MMO-RPG player, period.

You were trying to recruit a team? You just needed to say so. This is now moved to the Hobby Project Classifieds.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement