🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What's the most innovative feature you've ever seen in a gacha game?

Started by
2 comments, last by JakePolson 2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Guys,

I'm doing two things. One I have a proof of concept for school. Second I'm in the midst of writing a game design document for a real-world gacha game for my future dev studio.

I'm looking for your opinions on what would be the most innovative feature you've ever seen in a gacha game. I'm not looking to copy another game. I'm looking for ideas where there are opportunities for innovation.

So, what's you favorite gacha innovation?

Thanks,

Jake

Advertisement

Ulala Idle Adventure has a really interesting combat and some pretty innovative upgrade systems. I guess its not a typical gotcha game as you're not pulling for characters (though you do pull for skills), but its still a mobile rpg so it shares a lot of similarities with gotchas.

I am currently looking to join a project that needs a writer! I have around a decade of writing experience, including four years working in the film industry in Los Angeles. See my bio for more info. You can also DM for writing samples, or for any other reason you feel like.

@KevlarGolem Thanks Kevlar!

I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into that game and see what's going on with it.

Thanks,
Jake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement