🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmer Looking for Established Projects

Started by
6 comments, last by Programmer71 2 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to join a team as a programmer working on a project that's already got some development behind it. I'd like to get involved in something that's already working and has some clear goals and a path to publishing in mind.

What can I offer?

Well, I've been a professional software engineer for 3-4 years now and I currently work at a very large multinational tech company. I have experience working on very large code bases and managing my own work.

When it comes to technical skills I am a very strong programmer in C# and I consider myself experienced in c++. If you use a different language that's fine too! I'm also confident in my unity ability. I don't have too much experience in Unreal but I'm confident I can learn this should a project require it.

I can offer about 5 hours per week of my time, some weeks less and some weeks much more.

If your team is looking for an extra hand let me know either below or send me a message on here!

Cheers,

J

Advertisement

Hello I have a project going on and i really need some help, my devlog is here :

https://www.develteam.com/Game/Fort-Apocalypse-Reloaded

I need a c++ and opengl programmer, please contat me at mailto:vp8671@libero.it​ for faster communication

Programmer71 said:

Hello I have a project going on and i really need some help, my devlog is here :

https://www.develteam.com/Game/Fort-Apocalypse-Reloaded

I need a c++ and opengl programmer, please contat me at mailto:vp8671@libero.it​ for faster communication

Hi,

thanks for reaching out! I tried to have a look but I couldn't really tell all that much about your game from looking at your develteam page. Could you try and sell it to me a bit? How established is your game right now? Do you expect it to release in 1 year? 2? Would I be the sole programmer on this project?

Also, I have absolutely no skill in opengl programming at all. So I may be a bit of a disappointment to you there!

OK, this is a retrogaming project, a modern version of an old c64 classic, you can google for it if you like, at the moment I need a c++ programmer with opengl experince , so if you have never worked on opengl it would take a bit to get into it. If you are still intersted, let me know there is alwasy something to do which is not opengl related.I expect to release it in 2022, you wouldn't be the sole programmer, the project is at the point to create a demo to be shown to a publisher , you would work along with me, Also I'd like to start a crowdfunding campaign , but i do not know where to start, i am not very well-versed into marketing. Probably you have seen the latest screenshots about the inverse kinematic part, there is a button labelled ‘load more’ which will show many more screenshots from the start of the developing until a couple of weeks ago.

i cant message you, your profile is hidden. you got a discord ID, or something like that?

Vollkrasser, are you talking to me ? , in that case you can reach me at vp8671@libero.it, in the other case , sorry for the misunderstanding

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement