🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for programmers for gladiator management / RPG game

Started by
0 comments, last by McCabe 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello all, I've been developing a game with a couple friends of mine. The team so far is one developer and two artists.

The Game

The game is meant to be similar to NeoPets except it's characters who can fight in an arena, or go to dungeons and fight monsters. There's a fair amount of complexity to the characters and the systems we plan to implement. For a taste, we are implementing a simple genealogy style simulation by allowing characters to have children who then inherit some of their parents' stats.

Currently, there are two parts which I would love some help and to perhaps share my knowledge on: The Theater and the Website.

The Theater (Unity)

The Theater is where you watch your guys fight -- whether it's a gladiatorial match, or a dungeon being cleared. In the future, we may add additional elements such as if minigames are added for leveling your guy up, or a dynamic simulation of a feast, etc.

Website (.NET Core + React)

As mentioned, this is a NeoPets style game so the website is a core segment. For MVP the goals are light -- support passing data to the theater, basic character management, credential handling and some lore pages.

Why Should I Join?

I got my start as a software engineer doing gamejams and modding games back in the day. I'm now a senior level software engineer at a large tech company in Boston, and I would love to be the resource I wish I had when I started my career -- a solid reference, what to expect for interviews, all that stuff.

Additionally, you'll be using tools and processes used in-industry (for real.) Sprints, standups, source control, code review. With that said, this will be a fairly relaxed and light project so don't worry too much. I'm expecting around 10 hours a week for around 10 weeks.

Finally, I guarantee there will be some money in the end product. I can't say how much and to be honest it's not something I care to spend much effort investigating. This will come with its own set of learning experiences (incorporating, divvying shares, so on) that could prove even more valuable than the professional skills.

How do I Join?

If this interests you, shoot me a DM! Please include a resume, your favorite video game at the top of the message, past projects, time-zone, country (if not USA) and the best time for a quick call on discord.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement