🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Gravitational acceleration calculation

Started by
143 comments, last by taby 1 year, 10 months ago

I understood it well enough at least to guess the file name is probably a bug. : )

Advertisement

@taby Reading it now. This is way over my head though. I can check for typos though, lol. One thing might be your reference to assembly programmers. If this is meant for astrophysicists they may be unfamiliar with assembly languages. It might be worth adding just another sentence of detail to prevent confusion.

None

Also, regarding this line

Thus, all of physics is about processes and computation

This statement would assume the universe has a processing speed / frame rate, correct? Since our current physics break at Planck time would you conclusion require new physics?

https://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/p/Planck+Time#:~:text=The%20Planck%20time%20is%20the%20time%20it%20takes%20for%20a,which%20current%20physical%20theories%20fail.

None

JoeJ said:

I understood it well enough at least to guess the file name is probably a bug. : )

LOL yeah, I just copy and pasted the files from another paper and edited that. ?

jonny-b said:

Also, regarding this line

Thus, all of physics is about processes and computation

This statement would assume the universe has a processing speed / frame rate, correct? Since our current physics break at Planck time would you conclusion require new physics?

https://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/p/Planck+Time#:~:text=The%20Planck%20time%20is%20the%20time%20it%20takes%20for%20a,which%20current%20physical%20theories%20fail.

I"m hesitant to say that there is a minimum time slice. Time is not necessarily quantized.

@taby , So where/when would these processes occur and how could one be interrupted?

None

everything is a process, or sub-process.

the source of time dilation are force-carrying particles, like the graviton or the photon

Are you familiar with Einstein’s Light Clock gizmo?

P.S. The reference to the assembly language is basically me being compliant. I was told that the paper needed to be related to computer science, so there we have it.

I edited the whole paper. I added a reference to Abrash's book re: assembly programming. ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement