🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a market engine

Started by
2 comments, last by ClaudeVernier 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello, I started to work on a game on my own as a hobby some time ago, not sure how to name this type of game in English, one aspect is that user can move from town to town, buy products and make profit by selling them in another town. Nothing new but this one is based on 15th century and travels are done by ships, see the idea?

My question is about handling all the items that can be sold and bought, handling the prices in each harbours and maybe have the prices go up and down based on game events or scripted events.

I was wondering if there are engines that exists to manage this kind of features.

Another thing is that the game in all written in Typescript to run on a browser, for now, I am not using anything server-side.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Advertisement

I do not know if there is an ‘engine’ for that, but to me this is not an insurmountable problem to solve without an ‘engine’ , looks simple to me, create an item class with price / grams, name, origin , and other memebers you might need, create a vecotr of these classes, create a class manager which listens for events ( news, wars ) and modify prices accordingly , an item whose origin is from a country in war will drop, the winning side will see its currency going up, look what is happening in ukraine, consider also supply cut off.

Great ideas ! Thanks ! ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement