🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is there a Blender-style game engine project out there? [retry]

Started by
0 comments, last by Embassy of Time 1 year, 11 months ago

(I tried posting this but something went wrong. I can't see it posted, but if there is a ‘double’ of this, either can be deleted. Sorry for my apparent lack of basic posting skills…)

So, life is getting in the way of me programming much. The plan was to create a very simple Minecraft-style game with open source and very detailed documentation, allowing others to make their own games by modding it. Anyone who made a simple but very useful mod would be asked if it could be a permanent inclusion, with full credit, etc., much like Blender does with 3D animation. The idea was to give people a quick way to get noticed and maybe some patreon cashflow or the like, similar to Minecraft modders, but with full support and appreciation. I don't need to make money off this hobby, just something interesting. But, yeah, life. [sigh]

So I wondered, is someone already doing something similar? A fully playable, albeit very simple, game that people can freely and easily mod? Maybe I still have the time and energy to contribute a little to someone else's project…

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement