🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

First person shooter game

Started by
4 comments, last by Greg 24 years, 4 months ago
Hey does anyone like quake style first person shooters? this is a game design question..I''m working on a multiplayer arena style FPS and I need some ideas for weapons, it seems they are all taken, I mean they have to shoot something be it projectiles,melee,time-fused grenades, instant hit etc etc, but it seems they''ve all been taken..does anybody have any cool weapon ideas or for this matter any cool things that should be in FPS games that would make them cool? thanks
Advertisement
Please look at my response to FPS.
What I reckon would be good is a "replay" gun. If you have seen the Fifth Element you would know what I mean. What the gun does is as soon as you hit an enemy, all of the other bullets follow it to the same target. The gun is also rapid fire.

- Daniel
http://sw.mtx.net/daniel/
- DanielMy homepage
How about a thunder hand? A sprite-graphic target could lock on the person, and when you hit the fire button, the hand rises, and thunder strikes the player! I know it might be a stupid idea, but I tried. They did take all the friggin guns.
you can do something similar to that in RoTT (Rise of the Triad), a semi-old and not very popular FPS from (who else?) id software.

but i think it''s still a projectile of some sort...locking on with lightning sounds pretty unfair (and cheap) to me.

----------------------------------------
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
----------------------------------------Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
RotT was made by apogee, although I think one or two people from iD helped to make it. I also have to say that I used to love to play that game over a LAN or modem. There were all these .wavs that you could bind to keys and your opponents would hear them when you played them. They were funny sound bites too. While that might not be the most innovative feature at the time it was super fun. Ugh, I lost a lot of hours to that game. =)

Mike Barela
mbarela@earthlink.net

Edited by - mbarela on 3/10/00 4:12:44 AM
Mike BarelaMikeB@yaya.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement