🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsoft C/C++ 7.0?

Started by
10 comments, last by thomBligh 24 years, 4 months ago
Sorry about the confusion everybody, I never wrote MICROSOFT VISUAL C/C++ 7.0, i wrote Microsoft C/C++ 7.0, just to clear things up, thanx for the help, maybe I will take you up on that offer Laughing Dragon!

PS Thank you everyone for helping a newbie C++ programmer like myself, Ive never seen a message board like this one, where you actually get good info from other posters!
Advertisement
With the 32 bit versions of MSVC, you can create a console app, but that is different than a DOS app. There are a bunch of headers that are necessary for true DOS programming (besides the fact that DOS is 16 bit) that do not come with the 32 bit versions of MSVC. This is likely the source of his errors (though I can't say for sure).

One other note... I believe that MSVC 2.0 was the first 32 bit version (might have been 2.1 or something like that). 4.0 was just the first usable version of the IDE. (That 1.52 ide is just nasty ).

Edited by - LaughingD on 3/11/00 4:17:30 AM

Mark Fassett

Laughing Dragon Games

http://www.laughing-dragon.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement