🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hasbro legal defense fund

Started by
4 comments, last by dgruber 24 years, 3 months ago
I, personally, would be willing to put some money where my mouth is. Maybe not a lot, but I''d be willing to kick in a few dollars. If everybody who felt strongly pitched in, I''m sure it would help a lot. But there would need to be certain guidelines before I''d consider contributing. It would need to be a legitimate, managed account with clear goals. It would need to be somehow split between the defendents in some sort of equitable manner. I think I''d rather see it go to the developers like MVP and Xtreme rather than the publishers like Egames and GTIS. It would need to accept large and small donations, corporate, individual and anonymous. Does anybody have any experience with setting up (or contributing to) a legal defense fund? Dave S., why don''t you look into this. Ask your lawyers if they know a good way to do it. They''d probably be happy to go to work on this idea. Diana
Advertisement
I really know nothing about something like this, although I appreciate the effort. I think as one of the defendants, this is a discussion I should stay out of.
The funny thing about the Hasbro Case:

It got me addicted to Debris. hehee...

I''ll be contributing to the legal defense buy buying Debris32.

===============================================
"Tell brave deeds of war."
Then they recounted tales, -- "There were stern stands And bitter runs for glory."

Ah, I think there were braver deeds.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Is there an address for this yet?
No address. I don''t think anybody is working on this. I don''t know how to set it up. Do you?

Diana
I''d be willing to contribute to a fund if I knew it was handled by some responsible 3rd party and had some conditions on it, like the money can only be used for a developer who makes less than $x per year, who is obviously being sued to be put out of business, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement