🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Week of awesome II! - The second annual unofficial gamedev competition!

Started by
278 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 9 months ago

Sadly I don't think I'll have time for this due to work and the fact that I'm moving soon. I will watch and cheer on from the sidelines.

Advertisement

I'll join in. Will probably take a couple days of vacation to make the most of it.

aright folks, i finally have all 5 judges!!!!

say hello to your judging panel:these kind folks have taken the time to join me in creating a detailed report on each game! i'm currently finding out all the platforms that each judge can support so that i can give you guys a list of what's safe to build for!

one point i do want to remind everyone is that judges can compete, however they and their team are exempt from claiming any prizes, what this means is for example their game comes in first place, the first place prize will instead go to second, second place prize to third, etc.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

The Five are chosen, and their convocation complete; the time draws near...

(Thank you to all of the judges for taking on the duty. happy.png)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Hm... interesting!

I'm so excited I wish it started right now!

I'm in.

Been a serious while I was part of anything similar...

*Puts on ROCK'ON Helmet*

alright folks, we have our platforms:
  • Windows 7/8
  • IE 11
  • Firefox
  • Chrome
unfortunately we only have 2 judges capable of both mac/linux, which puts it out of the running for the 3 judges to test. also i don't want to discourage mobile games, however last year it was a slight problem with one of the games that were built for iOS could only be tested by one judge, so this year i'm going to remove the mobile testable platforms, however that does not mean you can't design your game for mobile system, just be sure it can also run on the desktop is all.

we also have several gamepads available for use during testing, so don't shy away from making gamepad enabled games!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Windows 7/8
IE 11
Firefox
Chrome

Fine with me, but sounds a bit ill advised to disallow Linux.. not sure how many people use it, the "online users" list used to list OS but not anymore.. but I seem to recall several people use it. This basically says Windows only. At least if Linux is disallowed, allow Android so Linux users can make mobile games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement