🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need Artist/Graphics for 2D Monster Fantasy RPG - Project REM

Started by
0 comments, last by R. Bates 4 years, 6 months ago

Disclaimer: I do not have a company name registered yet, but will before any potential contracts are made. FYI this will be my third business, just to point out I do have business experience.

Hello everyone. My name is Robert Bates, and among other things, I am an Independent Video Game Developer. You may have seen other posted projects in these forums, and for any concerned, yes those projects are still recruiting team members and are planned to be real. This project however is a little different, in that I am not just Project and Creative Lead, but I am also the Programmer. I have created a core engine and am ready to start implementing original Graphics/Art.

About Project REM:

Project REM (code name) is a 2D Fantasy RPG adventure featuring an Enemy Recruitment System, a feature that allows you to recruit enemies during battle to permanently become an ally and join your party. Planned to feature around 75 recruit-able enemy types. Venture through (unnamed world) battling Monsters and the (unnamed antagonist race), as you try to stop their destruction while investigating the strange “Event”. Turn based RPG mechanics up to 3v3 with different Character “Types” that have different strengths and weaknesses that adds in a Strategy/Tactical element. Also planned to have Online functionality where players can take their Active Party and duel other players 1 vs 1. This is being developed for PC exclusively at the moment. (Possible ports to consoles)

Project REM - Team Needs:

Graphic Designer(s)/Artist(s) for all graphical components (i.e. Characters, World Assets, Items, ect).

Payment Terms:

All profits that this project makes will be split into percentages and spread across to every Team Member. Your percentage amount depends on how many team members in total, as well as how much you actually contribute to the development of this project. (i.e. don't expect much if you only make a couple graphics and then quit team) Best estimated percentage amount you will receive is 5-10% of all profits for the first 2 years of this project being officially released on PC, and 1 year from official release on other platforms if ported to other platforms. Official contracts will be made for those that officially join the team, outlining everything in more detail.

How to Apply:

Create an original “Monster” character in a semi cartoon/anime style that reflects one of the following ”Types": Fire, Water, Electric, Poison, Non-Elemental/Normal

A new piece of work is required with Applications to show example of your true capability to fulfill what is needed. (Your art will NOT be used in retail game, unless you are indeed hired onto DevTeam)

Email applications and/or questions to robertbates1040@gmail.com .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement