🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Better" Processor??

Started by
21 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 24 years, 4 months ago
everything sucks right now.

0.18 micron celerons with sse and 100mhz fsb need to come out so i can overclock one with 133bus.

athlons with full speed cache need to hurry it up. that''s part of why 800, 900 and 1000 athlon benchmarks arent very different. the cache sucks. socket athlons might be priced nice.

p4 or whatever they gonna call it needs to pick up the pace

ddr-ram mobo are needed too

arent dec alpha 21blahblahblah still faster than g4?

Carl "trixter"[email=carl@trixoft.com]carl@trixoft.com[/email]http://www.trixoft.com
Advertisement
Its code nanmed Williamette right now (if they really call it Pentium 4... ugh... how unimaginative), and it wont be out until at least october.

Merced/Itanium is pretty much DOA already, since its successor (HP''s Mckinley) is much further along in development...

makes you wonder... Intel has all this money, and they keep flinging it around... but their future processors are severely lacking...

I guess it takes a while to get used to the fact that you have competent competition.

Either that, or Intel is crushing itself due to its sheer size.

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
well i always thought that one day they would shoot themselves in the foot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement